Terms and Conditions
Bookacar has arranged your rental with the car rental company shown on the voucher after your payment of the services. Bookacar is independent, not an agent for any particular car hire company. The voucher is not a rental agreement. When you pick up the vehicle, you must sign a rental agreement provided by the rental company and subject to local laws. Bookacar cannot be held responsible if you do not meet the car rental company’s requirements to rent a vehicle, or if you do not have available all the necessary documentation. Regardless of the coverage included or not included in your prepaid voucher price, in the event of damage, you must follow the local car company's Accident/Damage/Theft Procedures or it could be invalidated. Additional fees may apply for rental service beyond hours of operation. Driver must present original South African driver's license. All rates are guaranteed in South African Rand.
Bookacar does not provide insurance. Coverage is provided by the rental company as indicated. Additional coverage may be available for purchase from the rental company.
- Bookacar has no cancellation fee when Bookacar is advised 48 hours prior to the reserved rental start date. Bookacar does not charge any amendment fee up to 48 hours prior to rental start date however should a reservation be amended the client will have to pay the rate available at the time of change. For cancellations less than 48 hours prior to the reserved rental start date a cancellation fee equal to the first 3 days of the rental will be charged. In case of a cancellation due to officially acknowledged Force Majeure Bookacar will charge an administration fee of 300 ZAR only. Bookacar does not refund any unused days if the customer does not show up, shows up late or returns the vehicle early. Regarding all of the above, the customer is always free to prove lesser cost.
- Please note at the time of pick up Bookacar will require a security deposit to be left for the vehicle. This takes the form of an amount (minimum: Excess + Fuel + VAT) being blocked on the primary drivers credit card, (cash deposits, Maestro, Switch, prepaid credit cards and debit cards are rarely accepted so please be sure to check with our agents at time of reservation if you require this facility). This amount will be returned in full at the end of the rental provided the vehicle is returned in the same condition as rented.
Optional items (ie: luggage rack, child seats, etc.) are on a request basis only, for an additional fee.
Deliveries/Collections are available on a request basis only, for an additional fee.
- All rentals are based on 24 hour periods with a 1 day minimum rental, a full day is charged for any portion of a day that the vehicle is used.
- If drivers license is not in English, an International Drivers License is required.
- When travel is permitted outside the renting country it is the responsibility of the renter to make sure their vehicle complies with the local laws of the country in which they are travelling, this includes but is not limited to safety equipment, cross border documents, toll stickers, etc.
- Renter and any additional drivers must present a full valid drivers license held for a minimum of 2 years (some exceptions may apply).
- An International Drivers license is required if driver holds a non-English drivers license in addition to home license. Drop off charges, if applicable, are estimates only, and may change without notice.
- Minimum driver age 21.
- Bookacar strongly advises client to check if car is DIESEL or UNLEADED petrol at pick up.